Department of Accountancy
A World-Changing Year
The year 2020 has proved to be a world-changing year. The health and well-being of all members of our campus community continue to be our top priority.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: learn about the difference one person can make.
- Protecting the Pack: NIU’s response and plan for supporting the health and safety of our community. Also, see details about available services and hours and frequently asked questions. Please contact the college if you have questions or need additional information.
- We are here for you: read a special message from Dean Rajagopalan
The Department of Accountancy is committed to providing advising services while prioritizing the health and well-being of our campus community. To schedule a virtual advising appointment, upper-level undergraduate students should contact Angela Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org and graduate students should contact Steve Kispert at email@example.com.
Any students with registration issues related to ACCY classes should use the "Registration Help" link below for assistance.
Prepare to launch your successful accounting career with our nationally ranked academic programs. Out of more than 1,000 accountancy programs nationwide, we're one of only 173 to earn the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accounting accreditation at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. As you learn from our award-winning professors, you’ll gain the skills you need to thrive in the business world.
Rankings and Recognition
NIU's 2015 CPA exam pass rate for graduate students taking the exam for the first time was 69.4 percent, well above the national average. The pass rate for our bachelor’s degree students was also above the national and state averages.
Based on feedback from 143 executives of corporate in-house tax departments, NIU's accountancy program was ranked nationally as:
- 11th best undergraduate accountancy program
- 9th best master of science in taxation program
- 9th best master of accounting science program
NIU's undergraduate and graduate accountancy programs ranked among the Top 25 best in the nation according to the 2015 Annual Professors Survey conducted by Public Accounting Report (PAR). PAR's ranking places NIU’s undergraduate accounting program 19th best nationally and NIU’s master level accounting program 25th best nationally. Continuing a strong trend for more than two decades, NIU's accountancy program has ranked continuously among the very best programs in the country.
Contact UsDepartment of Accountancy
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115