Thanks to the generosity of Dennis and Stacey Barsema, NIU's College of Business moved into Barsema Hall in the fall of 2002. You’ll find all the resources you need to be successful in our world-class home. Barsema Hall is a beautiful place to learn and grow, and it fosters the close-knit, supportive feeling of a small, private college.
This state-of-the-art, 144,000-square-foot facility is meant to be your academic and professional home. You’ll study and relax with friends in the building’s central gathering spot, Three Sons Bistro. Throughout Barsema Hall, you’ll find many other workspaces and resources, including the Bring It! Center, Anywhere Lab, Anywhere Printing, full-time technology support, and several specialized labs and study areas.
We, the students, faculty, staff and visitors to Barsema Hall, are committed to being good stewards of this fine building, which was made possible through the generosity of Dennis and Stacey Barsema.
Our code of conduct helps us:
- maintain a safe, clean and professional learning environment;
- preserve our facilities and furnishings for future generations; and
- demonstrate our commitment to supporting the excellence of the people and programs of the College of Business.
Our commitment to these goals is shown when we:
- consume food, coffee, soda and juice only in the atrium area (only bottled water is allowed in the rest of Barsema Hall, except for the labs - no food or beverage is allowed in the lab);
- leave our classrooms, study areas and public spaces as orderly and clean as we found them (or cleaner);
- smoke only on the east (pond) side of Barsema Hall; and
- encourage others to follow these behaviors as well.
Three Sons Bistro, Barsema Hall's gathering spot, is located on the first floor of the building and is operated by Campus Dining Services. The bistro offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, drinks and desserts. Vending machines are also located on the first floor at the west end of the atrium. Also located on the first floor is a change machine that accepts $1 and $5 bills. You may reach the Three Sons Bistro by calling 815-753-0216.
All food and drink should be consumed in the atrium. No food or beverage is allowed in the computer labs, investment lab, communications center or by the web kiosks. No food or beverage except bottled water is allowed outside of the atrium space.
A lost-and-found area for items misplaced within Barsema Hall is located in the dean's office in Barsema Hall. If you find anything in a classroom or other public space, please turn it in to room 139, the dean's office. This is also where you should go if you have lost something. Flash drives found in the computer labs are now taken to the dean's office in Barsema Hall.
Contact UsNIU College of Business
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115